Friday, April 1, 2011

When You Name the Stone in Your Shoe, You've Given Up

"An eye patch and hook looks uncoordinated, but add a parrot and you're an entrepreneur with flexible hours and wenching.  I'm not sure how that works, but it doesn't seem fair." -Norma Timpkins

"Nothing is fair until you're atop the food chain; then everything is fair." -J. Esten-Thomas

The above was a paid advertisement for Jotsalot Media.  We're a really happy group creating things that strike us as funny.  Fun is money.  Money is fun.  Fun is contagious so money is too.  Logically that works and in a real life dirt-under-the-fingernails level it works too.  It's the Fear Filter that keeps us from accepting that.

We aim to change all that.

I'm pretty sure this whole post has been an advertisement for us.  But you know how it is when you'rethisclose and can't stand it another second.  Or maybe you know what it's like when you're hungry and you just don't know what to write.

This just isn't my night.

2 comments:

  1. I like aiming at things. It's good motor-skills practice. Of course, I will think it's MUCH more fun when my aim and where everything lands start synching up.

    None of that matters when what you're after is good advertising. For some reason, all expectations of results seem to disappear when it's advertising.

    Which makes you think that MAYBE that would have been a good industry to stick it out in .... hm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I just saw a job I wished I'd known about ten years ago, but all things happen for a reason and when they're supposed to, unless it's a blog idea. Blog ideas, apparently, are immune to reason.

    ReplyDelete