Friday, April 8, 2011

Don't You Think Gravity Comes Off As A Little Needy?

Right now I'm battling two songs stuck in my head.  Johnny Cash covering Nine Inch Nails and "five eight eight two three hundred Empire!"  Here's my free business idea of the week: Song Exorcist.  I'll bet it's even unregulated so you could create your own licensing body and charge others to become licensed song exorcists.  Online classes?  Exorcist kits?  800 number for tele-exorcisms?   Oh here's the crack marketing strategy, choose catchy hold music so they have to keep calling back to get rid of a different song.  I should keep this idea for myself, but I'm feeling particularly generous today.

Here's another gift for you from the pen of Timpkins.

Tongues

Your tongue tastes like my tongue
My tongue tastes like your tongue.
A tastier tongue I never did taste.
Too bad we're only six
and both eating paste. 

-Norma Timpkins

Wow! really makes you think.

Now that I've greased your palms, here's a question for you.  Is that poem kind of creepy?  I've read it and read it and read it and sometimes I think it's funny and sometimes I think there's a creepy element to it, but I cling to it still because I have a great idea for a photo illustration.

Two weeks in a row of not feeling it, it must be the resume thing getting to me or the complete lack of sunshine for six months.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no no no. There's not one little bit of anything creepy at all about that. It's the best poem I've read all week. And it's cute, to boot. I've never said or written that before - 'to boot' but I think that's what happens when you read a little poem about six year olds. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all tittered around here too. I've always loved her poetry because of its seeming lack of depth. I think "Love Like a Litterbox" is my favorite that or "Caterpillar Toes."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it is creepy.. although I do have a strange visual in my head... and I don't know ifs ok that in my head the 2 6year olds are a girls?!! Maybe something else is wrong..

    I am anxious though to see some of her other poems.... I don't think I have seen those?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I see a boy and a girl. The really cool thing is we're both right. We all see things differently and that's what makes it fun to read and look at other people's thoughts(aka art).

    I hope we'll all see more of her poetry soon. If you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete