Friday, July 1, 2011

Pursuing Greener Pastures

I spent the afternoon dismembering roses then huffing their scattered remains.  Or to put it more delicately, I spent two hours preparing a shot that took all of ten minutes to shoot, but my living room sure smells pretty.  Isn't it interesting how the same situation can be viewed in different ways?  Pretty darn deep if you ask me.

You all comment on how introspective I seem and that got me to thinking: Why me?  If I'm the introspective friend in your life you're hanging around escaped balloons at the county fair.  I've lived in. . .  let's count out loud. . . (but only after eighteen because I was cloistered in boarding school which is a lot like "Oliver!" with matching blazers) and here's the list: Boston, Barrington, Iowa City, Tampa, Moline, South Lake Tahoe, Albuquerque, Jersey City, New York, Greensboro, St Claire Shores, South Lake Tahoe, Incline Village, Czestochowa, Klaipeda, Carson City, and Missoula.  I can't identify the constant in all these places and you still think I'm the introspective one?  Vaguely apropos, it's like pinning your hopes on a balloon.  Normally, I  edit the last out and keep it for myself but I feel the need to share.

Sharing. Wow! I think that's how life happens. Keep your fingers crossed because plasma and sperm sales are supporting Jotsalot Media LLC.

I'm leaving Missoula in three weeks to nest somewhere.

5 comments:

  1. From one gypsy to another... Run Forest Run!!
    I find strange solstice in packing up all my stuff... moving it and then pretending its like Christmas and finding new things everytime I unpack...
    I also (shhh..don't tell anyone this) usually wake up one morning and think... This is not where I want to live?!! So I usually just start packing and ....I'm out.
    Sam does not appreciate this behavior at ALL... but he gets used to it.. maybe that is why he is so clingy?
    Go Jots... Find a new place to create... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy: You know my plan! I'll start waving goodbye when the truck is packed and not a moment before. The disturbing thing about the lifestyle we've chosen is this time I never bothered to unpack. You know where I want to go and nest. The plan is create the nest, create some good work and, if I need to wander, invite someone to take over the house for a few months. Cool idea, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not all those who wander are lost. Just keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cliff: Thanks, I will. I want to start really writing them and maybe adding pictures. How's your book coming?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting close to having a full draft of 80,000-ish words. I just need to clean it all up and try to add a little poetry (just like that). Lately I've been distracted by the sudden and delayed onset of summer, but it's time to get back and try to regain some momentum.

    ReplyDelete