Friday, July 8, 2011

A Mauling By Any Other Name

How do I disown my sole celebrity Twitter follower?  While pondering that, I arrived at a blog plan stinking of don't feel like it, code named Manana. Right now Manana rhymes with banana but, if you add diacritical marks, it's Spanish.  I love magic.  Watch this transition. Nothing up my cerebellum, my hemispheres are empty. . . but PRESTO! You're still reading!  Holy crap! bring me water the masses demand wine!

Why so Inspired? Yesterday, I witnessed my car turn its lifeblood into steam right in the Albertson's parking lot. Part Old Faithful part racehorse, my car couldn't expel fluids fast enough. But that's not the Miracle.  The Miracle is the day before I had journeyed into the heart of no cell coverage. Thirty miles to the nearest free wi-fi coffee shop and there no guarantee of a call. But my car waited, until I parked at home, to spew a quarter mile from my mechanic.  (That was awkward but I have three minutes until adding softener so deal.)

My favorite place in Montana is The Miracle of America Museum.  I could live there. It's one person's dream running amok perserving other people's dreams. Polson, MT.

Okay, it's Manana and what I really want to tell you about last night's post is that I was repeatedly interrupted and interacted with just when I was rolling. My bubble functions as my creative incubator. I need to not be disturbed and this is why I never have my phone on and leave the house at strange hours.

For the Record Mr B refers to hikers as "land salmon." He felt you should know this.

4 comments:

  1. This post made me think of that passage from Macbeth: "She [the car] should have died hereafter; There would have been a time for such a word. Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow . . ." If you want to stick with "manana," then El Macbeth.

    I'm the same way. I need solitude to get any work done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cliff: Controlled isolation rules! It's when I turn off the phone for privacy and the neighbor comes knocking. . .it's not the interruption, but switching momentum on and off is impossible for me. I'm finished for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those episodes that wait to happen are great philosophical gifts. And not too bad in general.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when I realize someone is looking after me.

    ReplyDelete