Monday, January 31, 2011

Who is Norma Timpkins?

I was listening to my Mott the Hoople CD  hoping for blogging inspiration and, not hearing anything I could mangle into a post,  I decided to answer the question a lot of you are asking:  Who is Mott the Hoople?

No, but for some of you, Norma Timpkins is the Loch Ness monster, Big Foot and Commitment rolled into a great big WHO?  She's a real person or a facet of a real person who wishes to remain private.

I met "Norma Timpkins" at a poetry reading at the Children's Museum in Carson City about 8 years ago.  Standing on the stage in a blue cardigan and red turtleneck looking like a Talbot's cover, she read "Our Love is Like a Slug," "Magic Caterpillar Fingers" and ended with "Kisses Like Heaven Eats Peanut Brittle."  Brilliant.  We were the only two people in the room that got it was a joke and we bonded.  She's single, 77 and lives in Wells.

And Mott the Hoople was a fantastic band from the 70s.

3 comments:

  1. ...I had been wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hear Mott the Hoople covered a lot. Ozzy singing "All the Young Dudes" is remarkable. Norma is better than fudge, if you ever get to meet her.

    ReplyDelete