Friday, February 4, 2011

The Virgin's White Flag or SWM Seeks Help

On Monday Jotsalot Media was recovering from a weekend's worth of pondering how to out Norma Timpkins without really outing her and why I was going blind.  Not yippee-I'm-getting-a-dog blind, but I-finally-get-how-Superman-fooled-Lois-with-glasses blind.  I sense you're not drowning in my deep thoughts or even considering hooker shoes to keep your socks dry, but these are my thoughts.


You've read what I did with Norma, now here's how I'm addressing the blind thing.  I quit.  And it's a victory quit like when you stop being polite and ask to use the bathroom.  That's the kind of quit I'm talking about.

Ms. Marigold and Mr. B (aka The Minions) are amazing at their jobs and can't wait to get to them.  Sure they look good hanging around the reception area exchanging glances, but that's not what they were hired to do.  Just like I wasn't born to spend thousands of millions of hours sitting in front of a computer trying to build a website when there are people who enjoy doing it.  They enjoy it and I pay them to have fun.  It's the circle of life at it's happiest.  So, here's how it's going to work around here from now on: The Minions will minion, I'll create and hire accountants, web designers and personal trainers to do what they do.  Everyone is happy and I'll know whether or not it's Athena with highlights (looks good) or Lois in heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment