Friday, June 10, 2011

Fudging the Line Between Multi-Tasking and Polygamy

I never asked where babies came from, but one day a doctor came to school and told the girls in the morning and the boys in the afternoon.  I must not have paid attention because I don't have any and the topic of where babies don't come from wasn't covered in fourth grade health.

I don't have any babies to show from Jotsalot Media this week either.  Oh sure, there were the usual scratchings and plannings, but nothing really got done.  It's not that we weren't working, we just didn't actually finish anything-like the corporate laundry.  I washed it and put it in the dryer, but I lacked the attention span to move beyond damp and I have clammy socks to prove it.

Did you know people with ADD are natural multi-taskers?  It makes perfect sense if you think about it.  Eureka! we were multi-tasking and ran out of time.  That's what the week was about.  The good news is, within the next few days, lots will suddenly be finished.  Rationalization complete.

Next week I might try my hand at polygamy.

I went to shoot flood shots today for Timpkins' book.  The thing about Montana is there's always a person or electrical wire or something trying to be in every shot.  Today it was the sun invading and I couldn't get an exposure long enough to make the water move.  I slapped on a neutral density filter and a polarizer and still couldn't get any movement.  But you know what's fun about that?  I changed plans and shot video to sell to an animator I just happen to know.  AND the Genius Bolt zapped me with an idea for my stereoscopic camera.  AND I know where I'll be shooting tomorrow night.  Do so work around here.

Oh and a little tease for next week, I'll be posting Norma Timpkins' "Love Like a Litterbox."

6 comments:

  1. Now see, SOME would think that line was pretty thick, thick enough to avoid confusion. Just some, though.

    It's frustrating, isn't it, to know there's a shot to be had and not be able to get it. Gosh, I hope the animator you know has 1. a need for flood video and 2. money to pay for flood video.

    Good bye, teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booda: I'm hoping the rain stops so I can go shoot at twilight when the Great Shot Killer has lost some of its strength and get the shots I need. There are tons of trees and logs in the river so I have this vision of beavers and bunnies surfing the river.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you parallel having ADD and multi-tasking. There's a fuzzy line separating the two, and I'm generally on the wrong side of it. From now on I'll know to say "I'm not unfocused--I'm hyperproductive."

    Good luck with the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cliff: We are hyperproductive. That's the beauty. Right now I'm working on a political satire, screenplay, childrens book, doing the art and production work for two other books, writing stories for a friend and rediscovering my toes and I can't function any other way. Roll with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very true... the ADD, OCD and multi-tasking... And when they all go into effect.. RUN little dogs.. RUN!!!

    I need more alone time.. I wish I knew where to find it.. You know for all those photos and whatnot...
    Good luck with the toes thing.. I have lost mine as well..Hoping that they make an appearance soon.. before I have to start wearing those bathing suits that middle aged women wear.. I have some.. and I have been wearing them.. now I guess I just need some cats...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy: Yep. Throw a pot of coffee on top and I start so many things, at the same time, I literally just turn circles. But it's how I work best.

    I'm also thinking a truly mindless job to take me away from the refrigerator and help define my time. Something with a broom perhaps. . .

    ReplyDelete