Friday, March 18, 2011

Fishing a New Stream of Consciousness

Mr B
Someone cynically asked if finishing something was one of Jotsalot Media's secret projects.  A question I referred to Mr B in the PR department.

His response was businesslike, yet playfully cryptic.

"Splashing around in a river isn't always about finding food, sometimes it's just plain fun to bitch slap a salmon."

I think that says it all, or at least something.  It certainly sums up the approach of Jotaslot's Secret Projects Department.  Really, it needn't be a secret and I'm only using it as a ruse to keep you coming back.  "Will it be this week he reveals he's started writing a children's book?"  One of the secret projects is a children's book that I think will make the parents and kids laugh.  If nothing else, we're about fun around here.  Fun and Ka-ch$ng!

Timpkins' books are an evolving work I really hoped to have had finished by now.  We started with the idea of four separate books tentatively titled Wisdom, Vices, Virtues and Misspent Youth (I never liked that one.  I don't think she reads this so I can say that.)  I had redecided to put them together in one book, but now that I see them listed it might be fun to mix Wisdom & Vices and Virtues & Misspent Youth.

What do you think?


5 comments:

  1. I think it should be Wisdom and misspent youth.. mainly because I had no wisdom in my youth.. and if I had.. it would not have been misspent..

    What bothers me more is the fingers around Mr. B? What exactly do you let him do when he is out and about??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anormamous: What do you think?

    Amy: And Vices&Virtues together again?
    As far as I know, Mr B is out meeting and greeting the public with his usual charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, that Amy comment, because I'D prefer Vices & Misspent Youth and Wisdom & Virtues, considering each title featuring opposites. Not polar ones, but ... close enough.

    I might be looking for a title that dabbles in my life story, though, so you might as well consider the source. :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. booda baby: Ideas taste like casserole. We're poking at it-thinking we need to order pizza-but not feeling any of it at the moment. I think I'm just going to work on the art program and read tea leaves.

    ReplyDelete