Saturday, April 21, 2018

Never Met the Caged Bird Don't Know Why It Sings

Caged birds accept each other but flight is what they long for. T. Williams

 

If it's not one thing it's always the thing I forgot. Not knowing the thing is another problem. Denying the thing exists a different problem and a personal favorite.

Today the thing I'm denying is how much the quote echoes my life at the moment. I accept my bad decisions, but I'd really like to move on from them and I just don't know how. What thing is blocking me from where I should be? What's the thing?

Last month I escaped the cage and flew back because not having bars to fly into made me uncomfortable. Why do I need the bars I hate? Obviously, I built the bars to keep others out and me in without knowing what thing makes it necessary. I really hate the bars and the others in the cage. Is hate the thing I'm protecting? Is fear the thing?

On a less introspective note, I think I might be a genius. The original title for this was “The Life and Times of Nameless, Blameless, and Shameless” It began, “Once upon a time Nameless, Blameless, and Shameless sang for pennies in a hat. Not pennies because they were bad, and they were, but because they chose a bad corner.”

Realizing there was way too much to cover in fifteen minutes, I made them citizens of Patch. Patch being the mythical place all my ideas get sent to grow up and, ideally, self-actualize.  Hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment