Friday, September 9, 2011

Just One of the Guys

Head East Young Man.
IT started out fun enough.  Wander around noting the the local flora and fauna, interact with a few locals, maybe find a reasonably priced ocean view. . .  Somewhere between "No just us guys. We'll leave the wives at home, sit around the fire smoking and talking sports. It'll be a lark" and "They put us on stamps!" Lewis and Clark got whiny. The boys emotionally scarred innocent places with I-wanna-go-home names like Cape Disappointment and Dismal Notch. Both beautiful places if you dress appropriately and think to bring Scrabble for rainy days which they didn't because they were trying to prove to their wives that real men only need the thoughts of other men to be entertained. For the record, most men's thoughts aren't all that entertaining which is why we have thousands of names for a woman's happy place including "happy place" but only one word for philosophy.

I had a job interview today and accepted the job and I think everyone on Team Jotsalot will benefit, except for Prudence who will be carrying a heavy load in the future. I'll bauble her with new tires and oil changes, maybe put a little something special in her tank, she'll be happy.

In other Jotsalot news I cracked myself up the other day. That's always good. I almost never make myself laugh.  In two weeks, I'll be making other people laugh for money.  In six weeks, Jotsalot will be unleashed in a more powerful form.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting take on the names. I've lived in a few not-so-innocent places that are lucky I didn't have Lewis and Clark naming rights.

    Your posts are always such teasers--raising more questions than they answer. Little mysteries all shrouded in enigmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to be a tease but I'm only disguising the lack of concrete plans. I'm starting a new job and I'll be traveling all over eastern Washington, Idaho, western Montana and northern Utah. Posting will now be taking place on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete