Saturday, August 18, 2018

Diversifying the Empire

The rose is a rose,
And was always a rose.
But the theory now goes
That the apple's a rose,
And the pear is, and so's
The plum, I suppose.
The dear only knows
What will next prove a rose.
You, of course, are a rose -
But were always a rose.
R. Frost

Once I thought I was in love with a girl named Rose and memorized this poem to impress her. She thought I wrote it and didn't appear impressed, at that point, neither was I.

You know what the best thing about dogs is? They're always in love. -Wisdom, Pillow Talk with Wisdom

A lot can be said for filling up space with quotes, but only if they're your own. -God, The Bible

Adopting an undisciplined approach to writing certainly frees up a lot of time, but you can't count on people quoting you as part of the cultural zeitgeist. I do so want to be quoted on mugs, tee shirts, calendars, shower curtains, and throw pillows. Nothing as profound as “Have a Nice Day” but still something dazzling to the wit. I have whole series code named “I” which I hope to get up on Zazzle this week, Redbubble deeper into the future, A funny thing happened the other day that forced me to open a Gmail account and then a YouTube channel. The YouTube channel must be thought about, named tested, and tutorialized before it gets launched. Oh, and the pesky content thing. Content always seems the fly paper in the ointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment