Friday, March 13, 2015

Embracing Gravity

I'm a thinker not a leaper which means I spend a lot of time staring into water wondering if it's deep; useful if you're not a swimmer or really tall, but I'm neither so more like putting a tiara on fear and calling it a princess.

I believe I just used a semicolon correctly. I've always had a fear of semicolons and talking to myself in diners. I do talk to myself a lot, but mostly because standing in the wrong crowd has made me an island surrounded cannibalistic sharks. Fun fact: Sharks eat more thoughts than people.

Did you know most of my writing fears revolve around punctuation and typing? And copy editors. Copy editors are sharks who can't swim which, I believe, makes them dead.

Somehow this is leading me somewhere.

Oh yeah, my quote in my senior yearbook, "Don't cross the river if  you can't swim the tide." It should have been, "You land every time you leap."


No comments:

Post a Comment